Light & Matter Open source Physics Textbook Series
Motionmountain Physics Textbook Series (Unconventional teaching style)
UT Austin Physics Textbooks Complete textbooks for undergraduate to graduate level students
- Set theory:
- open sets,
- compact spaces.
- Algebraic equations.
- Approximation techniques.
- Series expansions: the Taylor series.
- Solving equations with complex numbers.
- Trigonometry: sin(2x)=2sin x cos x, etc.
- Differentiate basic functions (sin, cos, exp).
- Integrate basic functions
- Differential equations.
- Linear equations.
- The Fourier transformation.
- The use of complex numbers.
- Convergence of series.
- The complex plane.
- Cauchy theorems and contour integration
- The Gamma function
- Gaussian integrals. Probability theory.
- Partial differential equations.
- Dirichlet and Neumann boundary conditions.
This is for starters. Some of these topics actually come as entire lecture courses. Much of those are essential ingredients of theories in Physics. You don’t have to finish it all before beginning with what follows next, but remember to return to those subjects skipped during the first round.
- Static mechanics (forces, tension); hydrostatics. Newton’s Laws.
- The elliptical orbits of planets. The many-body system.
- The action principle. Hamilton’s equations. The Lagrangean. (Don’t skip – extremely important!)
- The harmonic oscillator. The pendulum.
- Poisson’s brackets.
- Wave equations. Liquids and gases. The Navier-Stokes equations. Viscosity and friction.
http://www.onlinecourses.com/physics/ – free and comprehensive resource that is a collection of open college courses that spans videos, audio lectures, and notes
Physics of Fluids Site has publications involving fluid dynamics
Physics Classroom High School Physics with large bank of questions
Lagrangean Lagrangean explained
Allaboutcircuits Electronics (Has integrated forum)
Hyperphysics Concise Basic-Advanced Physics
Wikibooks/A-level Physics A-Level Physics
The Particle Adventure Particle Physics for Retards
MathPages Some advanced topics & concepts (Ancient website layout)
Dr. James Calvert Advanced concepts explained & Mathematical Physics articles
Intro to Special Relativity Very comprehensible text explaining SR
MagLab: Education Explains magnetism, contains interactive tutorials, and more
Freelance Teacher Basic Chemistry & Physics
Khan Academy Basic-Intermediate Physics
Brightstorm First year physics
Study Stove Chemistry and Physics problems explained
Youtube/derekowens Math, Physics, Electronics
Physics tutorial Physics tutorial with interactivity
Perimeter Institute Theoretical Physics Lectures
Project Tuva Richard Feynman’s Classic Physics Lectures
Strange Paths Compilation of Resources for Advanced Physics
Wolfram Alpha/ Physics Knowledge Database
Falstad Java Physics Simulations/Applets
Serendip/ Apps Physics Applets, Physics Applets Everywhere
Nowykurier Gravity Simulation
nrich/Physics Physics Challenge Problems
ZapperZ’s “So you want to be a Physicist?” Career Advice & Information
How to Become a Good Theoretical Physicist This is must-read